Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods on behalf of importers, exporters, or other companies. A freight forwarder does not actually move the goods but acts as an expert in international shipping processes.
This article will provide an overview of the most popular freight forwarding services to help you understand what are those criterion on the basis of which you should make your decision in terms of hiring a freight forwarding services.
Freight forwarding service offerings include:
- Arranging transportation: This includes booking cargo space on ships, airplanes, trucks, or trains. It also involves completing all the documentation required for exporting and importing goods.
- Tracking shipments: A freight forwarder will track shipments and provide updates to the shipper and/or receiver. They may use a tracking system to do this or contact shipping companies directly.
- Warehousing: Some freight forwarders offer warehousing services. This means they will store goods until they are ready to be shipped.
- Insurance: Many freight forwarders are able to obtain insurance for goods being shipped. This can protect against loss or damage during transit.
- Coordinating with customs officials: A freight forwarder will coordinate with customs officials to ensure that all required documentation is in order and that goods are properly classified. They may also be able to provide guidance on import/export regulations.
- Negotiating shipping rates: A freight forwarder will work with shipping companies to get the best rates for their clients. They may also offer discounts for volume shipments.
- Selecting a freight forwarder: There are many factors to consider when selecting a freight forwarder. These include the type of goods being shipped, the shipping destination, and the frequency of shipments. It is important to choose a reputable company that has experience in shipping to the desired destination.
The service offerings that make a freight forwarding company a popular one:
- Door to door service: The freight forwarder will take care of the entire process – from booking the cargo space to delivering the goods to the consignee’s door.
- Customs clearance: The company will have a team of experts who are well-versed with the customs regulations of different countries. They will help you clear your consignment without any hassle.
- Freight insurance: Many freight forwarding companies offer freight insurance to their clients. This protects your goods against any damage or loss during shipment.
- Warehousing and distribution: If you need storage for your goods before they are shipped, some freight forwarders also offer warehousing services. They can also help with distributing your goods once they reach their destination.
- Packaging and crating: Depending on the nature of your goods, you may need special packaging or crating. Some freight forwarders offer these services to their clients.
These are some of the most popular freight forwarding services that make a company a top choice for many businesses. When choosing a freight forwarder, it is important to consider your specific needs and requirements. This will help you choose a company that can provide the best possible service for your business.
So, now that you know the different criterion what are you waiting for? Contact a reputable company today and get started with shipping your goods!