Canada has been a very popular destination for skilled workers and businessmen alike. Canada offers permanent residency to eligible wealthy investors and businessmen if they make investments in Canada and help growing the Canadian economy. After satisfying citizenship conditions, the permanent residency may also lead to citizenship by investment in Canada options for them and their families.
Businessmen and wealthy investors from across the world especially from countries like China, India, Pakistan, Iran, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Columbia etc prefer this permanent residency path. Canada Investor Immigration consultant can help them find their and their families eligibilities for Canadian permanent residency under this immigration route. Earlier Canada used to support Federal Immigrant Investor/Entrepreneur programmes etc. Recently, Canada offers regional immigration programmes for business and investors like Quebec investor, Quebec Entrepreneur and Quebec Self Employed worker programmes.
The common eligibilities required for this type of permanent residency in Canada are:
- An applicant must be able to demonstrate significant and relevant business experience in at least 2 of the last 5 years before submitting visa/permanent residency application. The business experience must be in the areas as defined in the regulations. Broadly, it can be stated that an applicant must have at least 2 of the last 5 years significantly involved in planning, management and overall control of financials, human resources and material resources of established businesses in their home countries.
- The applicant alone or the applicant and his spouse have obtained more than 2 million Canadian Dollars (CAD) of personal net worth. This must be obtained or available with the applicant alone or with applicant and his spouse at least 6 months before submitting the permanent residency application.
- The applicant must invest at least 1.2 million CAD under one of the two immigrant investor programs. This investment will be for a period of 5 years with no interest (0% interest). But, this investment is backed and guaranteed by the government and will be fully repaid at the end of investment period, i.e., 5 years.
- The applicant and all his/her family members who intend to immigrate to Canada will have to clear Canada’s health and security evaluations.
- The applicants have to demonstrate that they have enough wealth and money to support all their family members after they come to Canada.
- The applicants will be assessed through a point based system on age, English language fluency, education, experience etc.
Business investors and entrepreneurs get their eligibility assessed by their preferred Canada PR consultant before applying for permanent residency under this scheme. After being satisfied that they are eligible for Canadian permanent residency, they will initiate the processes.
Applicants have to mandatorily use only authorized immigration consultants for their permanent residency applications for them and their families. The immigration consultants of Canada are regularized by the central regulating agency- The Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC). ICCRC provide identification number called RCIC to all authorized immigration consultants. Applicant applying for permanent residency under investor scheme can verify the authenticity of the preferred Canada PR consultant by verifying his/her RCIC number with ICCRC database.
Businessmen and investors prefer to acquire permanent residency of Canada for them and their families because of the long term benefits associated with it. Staying and living in Canada with their entire families is always a deciding factor for many businessmen and investors.